So much is going on right now, it’s hard to focus on one topic. Everything is changing. Mostly for better I think. Here’s what’s going around in my head, life and Jiu Jitsu:
- I’ve been training a lot. In January I trained about sixty hours and worked about 170 hours. I maintained a similar pace in February. Literally, it’s been sleep, work, train, eat, and wash uniforms.
- I have learned so much in Jiu Jitsu. All that knowledge is messing up my game, but in a good way. I’m trying to incorporate the new techniques into my rolling. The outcome has been messy, disjointed and awkward at times. It’s a good thing though. I know that eventually I’ll find a place in my game for the useful techniques and the ones that aren’t functional for me right now, will filter out. Then after this period of evolution ends, I will be better at Jiu Jitsu. There will be a plateau, but that can sometimes be a good thing.
- My children have grown up and have their own lives now. I think they call it empty nest syndrome. It’s been fabulous. I’ve had my Jiu Jitsu family help me fill the void of the empty nest. In fact, they’ve kept me so busy, that I haven’t had time to think about it.
- The gym I train at, Revolution Dojo, is growing in many ways. We’ve got some amazing new Muay Thai instructors to add to our list of highly skilled trainers. It’s wonderful watching these professionals from different martial arts work together to train each other and us. The outcome has been very beneficial. All in all a fabulous transformation is evolving.
- So many new women to train with. We have a pretty strong women’s team developing and I get to train with women most of the time now. It’s great having someone my size, gender and age as a training partner.
- I’ve been able to touch so many lives in positive ways. It is enlightening. And I have ben enlightened by the people around me and people online such as Slideyfoot, Meerkatsu, and Georgette Oden.
- Then there are the other things going on in the Jiu Jitsu community. The atrocities of humanity… My stomach churns when I think of it.
- I’ve also got a lot of questions about the team shuffling that is occurring on a daily basis. What is the aftermath?
So much to think about. So much to do. It can be overwhelming at times. But my solace is that I know I am blessed. I’m am blessed with three wonderful families. My natural family, my Jiu Jitsu family, and my work family. I’m blessed with good health, a sound mind (most days), and a happy heart. I am blessed. OSS.